Secure, reliable and connected co-location services at Telstra Singapore Data Centre
Telstra Singapore Data Centre(SGCS2) is a single-tenant, free standing Tier III facility, certified by Uptime Institute, within its own secure compound. This facility is designed to comply with the Monetary Authority of Singapore’s stringent security guidelines for data centers confirmed by independent, third party Threat Vulnerability Risk Assessment (TVRA).
With maximum 10 kVA power density, SGCS2 is ideal for customers with high-power, high-availability requirements, offering them a conveniently located carrier-neutral facility with access to round-the-clock support from data center experts.
Part of the newly-launched Telstra Data Centre Enabled Network (PEN), the first pan-Asia Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) architecture enabling organizations to provision network resources within minutes across multiple sites, SGCS2 interconnects with other PEN-enabled facilities to offer customers the flexibility to create a truly virtual Asia-Pacific data center.
With Telstra, your data is hosted in their secure data centers, which operate in 14 countries and territories across Asia, Australia, US and Europe and comply with International data center standards. You can drive down costs while maintaining a high level of service for all your hosting needs.
Collocating with Telstra empowers your business to realise the many benefits while also keeping your mission critical infrastructure secure.
SGCS2 is closely located to the city cente and is only 12km away from the local international airport by the nearby expressway. It is also easily accessible through public and private transportation.
- 110 Paya Lebar, adjacent to the data center cluster along Tai Seng Avenue
- 18 minutes drive from Changi International Airport
- Adjacent to MacPherson MRT station
Apart from being located close to public train station. SGCS2 is also near the local police and civil defence forces.
A highly resilient, distributed redundant electrical system provides dual, redundant sources of power to every rack with no common point of failure. Rigorous application of best practice in engineering has led to a highly available, highly efficient electrical infrastructure.
- 12 MVA utility supply
- 4 kVA per rack standard power density
- 10 kVA maximum power density
- No single point of failure
- N+1 distributed UPS topology
- 60,000 liters fuel capacity equivalent to 24 hours run-time at full load
- 2N power distribution to IT racks
- Uninterruptable Power Systems
- 10 minutes battery autonomy
- N+2 diesel generator redundancy
The facility is outfitted with redundant chillers and chilled water storage to provide uninterrupted supply of cooling to the data halls while maintaining the temperature levels required by high-efficiency equipment to help optimize their performance and lifecycle.
- 20-25°C temperature
- 50% +/- 20% relative humidity
- High-efficiency, water-cooled chillers
- N+1 chiller redundancy
- Dual, diverse chilled water risers
- Thermal storage tanks for uninterruptable cooling
- N+20% CRACs
SGCS2 is a 155,000 sq ft dedicated data center facility with 1,500 IT rack capacity.
- Concurrently maintainable, Tier III facility certified by Uptime Institute
- ISO 27001 compliant
- 45,000 sq ft of gross white space
- 4,200 mm floor to ceiling
- 800 mm raised floor height
- 10 kN floor load capacity
- 6,000 kVA total redundant UPS capacity
- Power Availability: 99.999%
- Temperature: 99.99%
- Humidity: 99.99%
- Maximum Time-to-Respond: 15 minutes
Telstra’s SGCS2 facility utilizes state of the art aspirating smoke detection systems, coupled with traditional point detectors and both gaseous fire suppression and dry-pipe pre-action sprinklers.
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA)
- Thermal point detectors
- FM200 fire suppression
Services Racks, Cages and Suites
Telstra can accommodate customers’ varying data center requirements, providing customized colocation solutions to suit individual businesses.
SGCS2 is a carrier neutral data center, with direct access to both Telstra’s extensive submarine cable system and Singapore’s existing carrier hotels.
- Direct access to major domestic exchanges and Point of Presence (PoPs) within Singapore
- Multiple, redundant and diverse carrier networks for local access
- Interconnect with other PEN enabled facilities across Asia-Pacific for fully automated bandwidth provisioning
Telstra combines stringent physical security measures with electronic access control systems to ensure the safety and security of hosted equipment.
- Stand-alone building in a secure compound
- Designed to comply with Monetary Authority of Singapore’s technology risk requirements
- 7×24 security guards
- CCTV cameras
- Biometric/card access control
Telstra ensures easy and convenient installation and dismantling of equipment with a spacious loading bay, staging and storage areas, generous cargo lifts, ample headroom and level access between the loading bay and the data halls.